INFECTION CONTROL ANNUAL STATEMENT 2018
An infection control statement will be generated each year. It includes the following:
- Any infection transmission incidents and any action taken will be reported in accordance with our Significant Event procedure
- Current Infection Control Leads at the Practice
- Details of training
- Details of infection control audits
- Details of Health and Safety risk assessments
- Details of Legionella management
- There have been no significant events reported regarding infection control issues for the 12 month period to 26/06/2018
INFECTION CONTROL LEAD
Lead Nurse - Julie Over
Practice Manager - Iris Pilgrim
All practice staff had undergone annual infection control and hand hygiene training in 2018.
Julie Over attends the infection control leads forum every three months.
The annual infection control audit was performed on 26/06/2018.
Three-monthly external cleaning audits are performed by the Facilities supervisor.
Six-weekly internal cleaning audits are performed by the Infection Control Lead and Practice Manager.
The annual Health and Safety risk assessments were completed in April 2018.
Low usage sinks are flushed twice-weekly in accordance to the Legionella policy.