This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Services for the Elderly

Services for the Elderly

Financial support can be provided and more information can be found at:

Equipment can also be provided to help people be more independent; this can be accessed via Social Services:

The Directgov website can provide advice about needs assessments:

Services available include:

  • healthcare
  • equipment
  • help in the home or in a care home
  • access to day centres
  • help for people with disabilities
  • financial support
  • information and advisory services

Carers Trust

Carers Trust is a charity that provides breaks for carers, local schemes can offer local services to allow carers to take a break and know the person they look after is being cared for. Referrals can be made by carers, families of carers, your social services department, health workers and voluntary organisations.

A care manager from Carers Trust will discuss with you:

  • the kind of help you need
  • how often you would like them to visit
  • how long you would like them to visit for
  • a suitable time for visits to take place

Respite services available include:

  • extended care
  • hospice at home
  • overnight services
  • palliative care
  • rapid response team
  • traditional respite

Day Care Club

Social Care In Action (SCA) run day care clubs for people living in and around the New Forest. For more information, see the link below:

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website